A 17-year-old suspect was arrested in The Bronx on murder, assault and weapons charges for the killing of 33-year-old Cortez Hinton in October.
Published: 2022-12-02 01:36 pm
Second teen charged in murder of NYC man who was shot, repeatedly run over with car
nypost.com

A 17-year-old has been charged with murder in the killing of a Bronx man who was shot and repeatedly mowed down with a car earlier this fall, authorities said.

The suspect, who was not identified by the police because he is a minor, was picked up by cops in the Hunts Point section of the Bronx at 8:40 a.m. Thursday. He now faces charges of murder, assault, and criminal possession of a weapon.

The teen is the second person to be arrested for the October killing of 33-year-old Cortez Hinton.

Three weeks earlier, police apprehended 19-year-old Jovant Erazo, charging him with murder, vehicular manslaughter and three counts of assault in the case.

On Oct. 15 around 8:10 a.m., Cortez was walking past an apartment building on Kelly Street in the Foxhurst neighborhood when he was shot by gunmen in the torso and groin.

(image)
Cortez Hinton, 33, was shot and run over with a car in The Bronx in mid-October.
National Gun Violence Memorial
(image)
Police released video showing one of the suspects running with a gun on Kelly Street.
NYPD

After Hinton collapsed, his attackers jumped in their getaway car, which then struck the already wounded victim and repeatedly ran him over.

Police who responded to the scene found the 33-year-old suffering from gunshot wounds and trauma to the head and body.

Hinton was taken to Lincoln Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

(image)
Hinton suffered gunshots wounds to the torso and groin, and trauma to the head and body from being repeatedly struck with the suspects’ getaway car.
Tomas E.Gaston

Police later released chilling surveillance video showing one of the suspects in Hinton’s killing running with a gun in his hands.

Hinton and Erazo were said to have been involved in some kind of a feud.

Read Full Story

Donovan awarded $1.5M in taxpayer funds for mayoral bid despite dad’s $2M to PAC

nypost.com - 2 years ago
Candidate Shaun Donovan’s long-shot bid to replace Mayor Bill de Blasio next year got a financial shot in the arm Thursday when the Campaign Finance Board voted to award nearly $1.5 million in public matching funds after receiving sworn statements that a
Read More

My CoolSculpting hell: Linda Evangelista’s suit spurs more horror stories

nypost.com - 1 year ago
“CoolSculpting left me with something I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy,” actress Rae-Shan Barclift told The Post of the non-surgical procedure she claims resulted in hard lumps of fat.
Read More

Ukrainian fitness influencer dies from COVID after denying it exists

nypost.com - 2 years ago
A Ukrainian fitness influencer with 1.1 million followers on Instagram has died of the coronavirus – after previously doubting the existence of the deadly bug, according to reports.
Read More

Illegal immigrant cleared in Kate Steinle’s death gets time served for gun charge

nypost.com - 8 months ago
Jose Inez Garcia-Zarate was sentenced on Monday to time already served over a federal weapons charge related to the high-profile case.
Read More