About the business
Horse Transportation Services - Johnson Horse Transportation
Johnson Horse Transportation, Inc. has over 20 years experience. We provide top notch, state of the art equipment, and experienced horsemen who take great pride in giving your horse the same love and care they get at home. Our knowledgeable drivers and friendly staff help to set Johnson Horse Transportation, Inc. apart to be simply one of the best carriers in the business. Johnson Horse Transportation, Inc. has built a valued, lasting reputation within the horse community as well as being a respected member of the National Horse Carriers Association.
Kathi Burris said 3 years ago
Johnson Horse Transport came through for me in a last minute pinch. Beautiful rig. Safe and experienced driver. Top notch experience. I absolutely recommend and will contact them for all of my moves. Can't thank them enough!
Lelac Almagor said 3 years ago
- I first contacted JHT on July 20. Monty agreed to transport my horse from Maryland to Durango, Colorado, around August 1, but told me that the date might change slightly because the shipment had to work around another customer's schedule. No problem.
- Over the next ten days, I called 8 times trying to find out the updated ship date. "Not sure," "We'll call you tomorrow," "Monty's out right now," etc. etc. etc.
- Finally, on July 29, a young woman from the office got in touch. She told me that the shipment was leaving for Boulder on August 3... but the driver "didn't feel like" going on to Durango. If I wanted to arrange pickup in Boulder... six hours away... that was my own problem.
- I offered to pay extra for delivery to Durango. No dice. I had to scramble for another shipper at the very last minute. Very thankful that I found a good one.
- On August 12, I did finally get a call directly from Monty offering to ship my horse to Durango. (Horse is already there, thank goodness.) The call was polite and courteous, but Monty expressed surprise at the message I had received earlier, claiming that they could have shipped my horse to Durango but wanted to spare me the extra expense. Hmm.
- Long story short: Their shipping may be fine, and Monty is nice, but don't trust what they tell you over the phone -- they might leave you high and dry.
Shari Greenman said 3 years ago
Johnson Horse was recommended by the trainer I bought my horse from. I was shipping from AZ to NY. I called, they took my info and never called back. I called again, they said they were working on it, and never called back. Booked with Brook Ledge which was a pleasure. End of story.
Elizabeth Shiah said 5 years ago
We have used Johnson Horse Transportation exclusively for all our shipping needs for years. Aside from being punctual and reliable, their drivers are always extremely helpful and friendly. The best thing is that the drivers are always in close communication with our barn manager so our pick-ups and deliveries are seamless. To have shippers that are on-time, use the best equipment, and remain pleasant is greatly appreciated in our hectic horse lives!
radhika sharma said 4 years ago
I had the worst experience shipping my horse with Johnson, between an inability to communicate and having to stay up all night waiting to receive my horse, I can safely say I will never be using them again.